Here are events you might be interested in:
Fall 2021 Average Price Corn Contract
Didion Inc. is offering producers an opportunity to establish a price for their 2021 corn crop through an Average Price Contract. The customer commits to a certain amount of bushels to be priced in equal quantities at a specified weekly interval (every Thursday at the close of business) over a predetermined time frame. (20 weeks from February 18, 2021 through July 1, 2021). Historically, the best prices for new crop corn are obtained between January 1st and June 30th.
- All forward cash purchase contract terms and conditions apply.
- Contract minimum of 1,000 bushels required per contract.
- One forward cash contract will be issued at the end of the 20 week averaging period that will need to be signed and returned.
- Program available only on new crop corn for this year.
- Pricing will be every Thursday at Didion’s closing posted price.
- Signup must be completed by the close of business on February 17, 2021.
- Reduces the frustration and stress from marketing grain.
- All emotion is taken out of the marketing decision.
- Producer receives average forward cash price over a period of time when prices are typically above average.
- Both basis and futures price will be established each week.
- No margin calls or margin requirements.
- Simple and understandable.
- You may not capture all of the gains during a volatile market.
- Average cash price may not be profitable or satisfactory.
- Average time period may miss a summer weather market rally.