Truck & Rail Load Out
The Truck & Rail Load Out is a hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest levels of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency in the production of our grain-based food products. Truck & Rail Load Out Operators are cross-trained in multiple tasks that includes loading of products in Pneumatics hoppers and bulk rail cars, locomotive and yard truck operations to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness.Employees entering into the Mill Truck & Rail Load Out role are expected to actively and purposefully grow their skill set to potentially grow within their role and the company.
Candidates who meet the following requirements will be considered:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in related field a plus, but not required.
- Basic driving skills required; locomotive or yard dog driving experience a plus.
- General computer competency required for use with HMI interface, submitting work requests for equipment maintenance, and schedule selection.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, in particular a food safe environment, a plus.
- Fumigation licensure for fumigating rail cars; if not currently certified the team member is expected to promptly receive certification as part of job requirement’s following hire.
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to complete assigned tasks safely without supervision.
- Demonstrate ownership of job function and area equipment.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and collaborative, team player approach.
- Ability to proactively drive continuous improvement project creation and execution.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to pack department.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for excellence while being humbly confident and displaying a can do attitude.