Sr. Human Development Business Partner
Success in this role will require influential partnerships with all levels of Team Members and People Leaders within the company to execute Human Development (HD) strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The ability to understand business priorities and translate them into the work that will most successfully impact the people and culture at Didion is key. Our ideal candidate thinks like a businessperson and innovator first, and like an HR person second.
This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HD strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. Additionally, the individual the Sr. Human Development Business Partner is accountable for partnering with leadership to teach, coach, and cultivate the Didion culture by ensuring our Core Values are taught, lived, and integrated in each component of the talent system at Didion.
You will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate effectively across many teams, levels, and situations. This role will own the delivery of HD and programs in assigned client areas as well as creating and leading programs that are applied across the broader organization.
What skills, experiences and education are required?
- The ability to understand business objectives as well as design and implement new approaches to fostering culture and people development to effect continual improvements in business performance.
- The desire and ability to be an influential and credible partner within the team, including setting the tone, agenda, and direction of the people strategies within your assigned client areas and providing the necessary support, follow up, and leadership to ensure the team achieves desired results.
- An understanding of the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle. The ability to apply that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are well thought out and reinforce Didion’s values and culture.
- A strong solutions focus. You are comfortable working in an environment which demands the ability to identify problems and drive progressive and well thought out solutions.
- Experience identifying and executing recruiting strategies.
- Experience identifying and addressing employee relations issues effectively.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws, compensation and payroll practices.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with autonomy and discretion.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Ability to support a 24/7 environment that has multiple shifts and a significant innovation and changing business priorities. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends.
- Limited travel to visit Didion sites, attend job fairs, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in a business related field required.
- 5+ years in a business environment, with progressively increasing roles and experience delivering Human Resources solutions required.