Sales Account Manager
The Account Manager is a critical role with in Didion Milling that ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction through building partnerships with our current and future customers who share our company’s values and philosophy of hiring great people, producing excellent products and providing our customers exceptional service. The desired candidate will provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers and will be viewed as an extension of the customer’s team, as well aid in the production and planning, and customized product solutions. The incumbent models the behaviors consistent with our high performance workplace and proactively supports other members of the Didion Corporation to assure maximum company and personal growth.
The desired candidate will demonstrate the highest levels of SALES, MARKETING AND PRODUCTION STRATEGIES which can be achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership of the complete sales function, with the support of the Didion business unit.
- Aggressively drives new business through seeking out new opportunities and clients, prospecting and developing relationships in every possible venue.
- Personally represents Didion’s core values and serves as the face of the committed team responsible for producing high quality Harvest Gold products.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the market and customer product trends, both industry wide and customer specific to determine the best opportunities for both Didion and our customers, understanding volume potential, negotiate pricing, assist new product development, to meet and exceed our sales goals.
- Advocates for the customers within Didion Milling, ensuring the customer needs and concerns are addressed and communicated effectively across the organization and to communicate back to the customer solutions to their needs.
- Assures successful launch of new products and consistent production of existing products through continual proactive communication with Didion’s production and quality teams.
- Interacts and collaborates with our Customer Service and Marketing teams to develop and implement strategies and campaigns to meet and exceed company and customer objectives.
- Candidate will be responsible to negotiate prices, book orders, and forecast future business.
- Adds value to our customers by developing new product ideas, research and marketing information, and other value-add opportunities.
DIDION’S WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY AND BENCH STRENGTH are significantly greater due to:
- A proactive commitment to employee development through established training, on-the-job development, and mentoring activities.
- Continuously identifying opportunities to share customer information with the Didion team, as well as our farmer partners.
- Transparent and open communication on results, opportunities and challenges regarding all facets of the Didion businesses.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferably in Agricultural and/or Food Science background.
- Minimum of three years Sales or Category Management experience.
- History of proven ability to prospect and grow new and existing accounts.
- Essential personal attributes include: professional, ethical, passionate, participative and inclusive leadership style, strong communication skills, creative.
- Demonstrate solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of variables
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills are required.
- Experience with written and oral presentations and interactions with multiple attendees
- Bi-lingual Spanish is a plus.
- Enjoys travelling to customer’s locations and trade shows. (Estimated 30% travel)