The Purchasing Manager’s primary goal is to establish the network and foundation of our key suppliers to help us achieve our 5 year target. This will include efforts to build relationships with suppliers and facilitate best purchasing practices. This key position will ensure efficient operational rhythm through timely receipt of necessary goods and services. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for evaluating existing and potential supply of materials used for lowest total cost, implementing a strategic sourcing approach while ensuring highest quality and performance of our vendor partners.
- Negotiate pricing, supplier contracts and service level agreements with manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and agents to ensure the highest quality products for lowest possible cost or best competitive price.
- Receive and evaluate quotations, interview vendors and select/recommend suppliers while considering price, delivery requirements, and past performance of vendor/supplier.
- Process purchase orders, requisitions, and other purchasing documents for the purchase of materials, tools, equipment and services.
- Develop, track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Forecast levels of demand for products to meet business needs and keep a consistent supply of critical stock items.
- Schedule and coordinate delivery of materials and equipment.
- Develop trusted and collaborative stakeholder relationships by meeting and communicating regularly with our vendor partners.
- Liaison between suppliers, manufacturers, departments and customers.
- Identify potential suppliers, visit existing suppliers and build / maintain good relationships.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Develop a solid understanding of the work being done in the departments/plants supported.
- Analyze past and future demand volumes, inventory trends and current inventory levels.
- Implement and execute a Supplier Relationship Management program.
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology.
- Exhibit and act with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws.
- Develop Project Procurement Plans in conjunction with Project Manager and Teams.
- Review and approve invoices. Coordinate and resolve invoice problems with vendor and A/P.
- Develop policies and procedures while maintaining terms and conditions.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 5+ years of related purchasing/procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) speaking is not required, but is preferred.
- CPM, APICS certification or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency and experience with strategic procurement methodologies and sourcing approaches and techniques.
- Experience with inventory control systems.
- Experience with 5S system is a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Strong financial/analytical skills and business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that influence and persuade others.
- Highly effective at initiating and developing positive cross functional relationships.
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience in multiple business sectors.
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
Watch Our Story
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain & Procurement