Procurement & Inventory Specialist
The Mill Inventory & Procurement Specialist is a role that is critical in ensuring the highest of production, quality, and efficiency standards in the production of food grade and commercial ethanol and related corn-based products. Mill Procurement & Inventory Specialist are cross-trained in multiple tasks to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness, while also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to incumbents. This role is hourly working a general Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm shift with expectations for flexibility for business needs.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
- Committed and unfailing inventory and purchasing support for mill team consistently working autonomously to achieve operational readiness excellence; Inventory and Purchasing Specialist work related to the stockroom and inventory duties showcases a passionate commitment to inventory management and utilization of the company CMMS System (Mapcon) to ensure the highest achievable level of operational readiness.
- Proactively monitor physical inventory in stockroom, maintenance crib, and the warehouse to ensure an acceptable level of physical inventory is ordered and stocked to prevent shut down of operations and cause a loss of revenue in order to achieve equipment up-time targets continuously using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills without supervision.
- Seeks continuous improvement of our management of parts from a procurement and inventory perspective. Models procurement best practices consistent with the corporate strategy and vision.
- Works to optimize collaborative utilization of corporate assets with a willingness to eliminate cross-business barriers for the good of the organization.
- Ensures that inventory is managed at appropriate levels using data-centric recommendations for stocking levels.
- Committed to delivering cost efficient maintenance of production assets through accurate and timely updating of CMMS data.
- Proactively create requisitions and or purchase orders as needed for items which are requested to be ordered to replenish stock levels, assign new items part numbers and enter items in the company CMMS System (Mapcon).
- Consistently review inventories and order as required. Professionally interact with the suppliers to negotiate pricing and make recommendations for purchases. Regularly review deliveries against the orders and track the status of any orders. Appropriately deal with non-supplied, under orders, and damaged goods. Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment.
- Create and maintain database for return merchandise authorizations to suppliers.
- Assume responsibility for integrity of invoices and purchase order numbers for cross referencing an item for future ordering reference.
- Develop and maintain a warehouse plan for maintenance parts, supplies, materials and recommended inventory levels.
- On a daily basis receives and assists in the unloading of incoming parts and equipment as needed.
- Consistently maintains records, files, and a clean and safe working environment.
- Unfailingly pulls parts to satisfy work order requirements and assures proper displacement of parts to satisfy inventory integrity.
- Support and maintain a warranty tracking system for newly acquired parts and equipment.
- Communicate openly with coworkers and management with a willingness to collaborate and support other departments as needed for the success of the company.
- A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through training and education to potentially grow within their role and the company.
- Personally committed to add value to the organization, the department, and the team by performing all tasks required to support the Production and Maintenance groups in the efficient operation of the plant.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
- Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High school diploma required; technical school or associate’s degree in a related field desired.
- 1-3 years of inventory and/or purchasing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Experience in a similar dry food manufacturer environment desired.
- Fork lift truck driving experience desired; the ability to become fork lift certified is required.
- Experience in an environment that uses predictive maintenance technology desired.
- Experience working with external sales personnel or outside vendors to form strong relationships desired.
- General computer competency required including typing, web browser, and Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with a CMMS program; advanced competency of Mapcon software or ability to learn required.
- Ability to consistently work autonomously actively using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to strategically make purchases that are within budget and is proactive to the team’s needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to maintenance department.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for excellence while being humbly confident and displaying a can do attitude knowing that good isn’t good enough.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.
Watch Our Story
- Computer Sciences
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain & Procurement