Packaging Operator (Train on 3rd Shift then 12 Hours on Nights)
The Markesan Packaging Operator is a very hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest of production, quality, and efficiency standards in the production of grain based products. Markesan Packaging Operators are cross-trained in multiple tasks to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness, while also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to incumbents. Employees entering into the Markesan Packaging Operator role are expected to report to work station before their expected start time and actively and purposefully grow their skill set. Positions available training Monday-Friday on 3rd shift 9p-5a with $1.50/hours premium with possibilities for occasional mandatory and voluntary overtime on Saturdays. Following training move to 12 hour shifts 6p-6a with $3/hour night shift premium.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Development and ownership of all aspects the Markesan Safety Culture. Safety Maturity is advanced through constant development of safe behaviors, procedures and systems.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
- Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
- Committed and unfailing pack/oil line support for Didion Markesan operation and team working to achieve operational excellence; Markesan Pack and Oil Operator work is integral to preparing and providing a quality shipped Didion end product to our customers.
- Proactively monitor the packing equipment operator interface and DCS system to anticipate needs and quickly resolve any issues.
- Promptly perform basic trouble shooting and basic maintenance if needed of pack line machinery which could relate to jammed bags, improper sealed bags, rejected bags, jammed palletizer, etc.
- Promptly perform basic trouble shooting and basic maintenance if needed of oil line machinery which could relate to jammed cans, jammed boxes, rework pallets, etc.
- Provide basic quality checks of product before shipping to customers to include pulling samples for final product testing to be delivered to quality lab.
- Ensure final paperwork and computer data entry for shipped loads is completed promptly and correctly.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to role by anticipating and delivering on needs such as operating equipment, replenishing area/machine supplies, mixing batches, transferring product, sustaining a food safety compliant environment, supporting high levels of area/equipment sanitation, etc.
- Unfailingly commitment to do deep cleaning of lines once orders are fulfilled and/or during breaks between production schedules.
- A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through training and education leading toward higher level of responsibility or growth into a new role.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in related field a plus, but not required.
- General computer competency required for use with HMI interface, label creation, receipt selection, and schedule selection.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, in particular a food safe environment, a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to complete assigned tasks safely without supervision.
- Demonstrate ownership of job function and area equipment.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and collaborative, team player approach.
- Ability to proactively drive continuous improvement project creation and execution.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members in a professional manner within and external to pack department.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for excellence while being humbly confident and displaying a can do attitude knowing that good isn’t good enough.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.
Watch Our Story
- Computer Sciences
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance