The Millwright is a very hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest of production, quality, and efficiency standards in the production of food grade and commercial ethanol and related corn-based products. Millwright are cross-trained in multiple tasks to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness, while also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to incumbents. Employees entering into the Millwright role are expected to actively and purposefully grow their skill set to potentially be promoted to a Millwright Lead role. Positions work an 8 hour shift M-F with overtime as needed for business needs.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
· Committed and unfailing millwright support for maintenance and construction teams working to achieve operational excellence; millwright work will include setting up work areas, ensuring proper tools, parts and equipment are available to quickly and efficiently complete work orders, and cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment.
· Efficiently diagnosing machine malfunctions and operating difficulties, makes repairs, rebuild as needed, and makes adjustments in order to achieve equipment up-time targets.
· Complete preventive maintenance according to schedule and as suggested by predictive maintenance metrics.
· Continuous vigilance in identifying needed repairs or additions/improvements to the facilities’ operating systems to increase productivity
· Perform basic trouble shooting, repairs and diagnostics for industrial equipment including, disassembly/reassembly, preventative maintenance, and belt and bearing replacement/repair. Provides critical problem solving support and offers suggestions to improve operations.
· Perform basic welding, cutting and grinding tasks, including setting up and running machine, operating hand tools, grinders and plasma torch.
· Act as equipment operator (as appropriately trained and licensed) to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
· Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
· Perform measuring, marking, and recording openings and distances to lay out areas where millwright work will be performed as well as cleaning and preparing millwright sites to eliminate possible hazards.
· Perform positioning, joining, aligning, and sealing of structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes as well as erection and disassembling of scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
· Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
· Safely operate and use a variety of tools, testing equipment, and industrial vehicles.
· A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through training and education leading toward meeting requirements of and promotion to Millwright Lead role.
· Personally committed to add value to the organization, the department, and the team by performing all tasks required to support the Construction, Maintenance, and Production groups in the efficient operation of the plant.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
· Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
· Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
· Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
· High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in Fabrication or related field desired.
· 3-5 years of construction, millwright, or industrial maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
· Ability to demonstrate intermediate welding and fabrication abilities which may be supplemented by certification or schooling degree.
· Ability to safely operate and use heavy duty cleaning equipment such as dry ice cleaners, power washers, industrial vacuum cleaners and devices such as platforms, cages, harnesses, and respiratory masks.
· Heavy equipment operator license(s) desired, but not required.
· General computer competency required including typing, web browser, and Microsoft Office; Intermediate competency of Mapcon software.
· Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to complete millwright tasks safely without supervision.
· Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to millwright department.
· Must provide own basic hand tools including but not limited to: wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, socket set, pliers, hammer, etc.
· A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for maintenance while being humbly confident and displaying a can do attitude knowing that good isn’t good enough.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
· Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
· Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
· Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
· Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
Watch Our Story
- Computer Sciences
- Construction and Millwright
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Safety and Environmental