Do you want to work in one of the most technologically advanced and newest manufacturing facilities in the industry? Do you have a knack for understanding process and ability to use critical thinking to troubleshoot a problem? Do you want to directly contribute towards fighting world hunger? Do enjoy working on teams and collaborating with others? Do you want to actually enjoy coming to work to see your coworkers? If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Miller is a hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest levels of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency in the production of grain-based food products. Millers are cross-trained in multiple tasks that includes process and production operations to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness, as well as supporting innovation initiatives, while also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to incumbents. This role will serve as a key function to ensure the mill equipment performs to maximum efficiency while meeting all customer specifications in the products. Employees entering into the Miller role are expected to actively and purposefully grow their skill set to potentially grow within their role and the company. Positions work a 12 hour shift on a 2-2-3 rotation.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Development and ownership of all aspects the Mill Safety Culture. Safety Maturity is advanced through constant development of safe behaviors, procedures and systems.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
- Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
- Committed and unfailing production support for Didion milling operation and team working to achieve operational excellence; Miller work is integral to executing the production schedule to produce a high quality product on time to our customers’ specifications and expectations.
- Proactively monitor the milling equipment operator interface and DCS system to anticipate needs and troubleshoot equipment for variance.
- Maximize the efficiency of the mill including the extrusion and fine grinding processes by focusing on equipment, adjustments, and delivering consistent results through in process lab testing.
- Proactive on consistent walk-throughs of the operations and mill process, documenting KPI’s, and executing process adjustments to deliver consistent product at optimum efficiency.
- Responsible for in process sampling and testing to ensure quality product is being delivered; partner with quality lab as needed for testing.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in sustaining a food safety compliant environment, supporting high levels of area/equipment sanitation, etc.
- A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through training and education to potentially grow within their role and the company.
- Personally committed to add value to the organization, the department, and the team by performing all tasks required to support the Production group in the efficient operation of the plant.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in related field a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, in particular a food safe environment such as milling, baking, or food.
- Mechanically incline and/or previous experience in a role providing mechanical aptitude.
- General computer competency required for use with HMI interface, work request for maintenance, receipt selection, and schedule selection.
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to complete assigned tasks safely without supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize, make decisions, and troubleshoot multiple equipment and processes that requires attention to detail.
- Demonstrate personal initiative, desire, and willingness to learn new tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ownership of job function and area equipment.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and collaborative, team player approach.
- Ability to proactively drive continuous improvement project creation and execution.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to pack department.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for excellence while being humbly confident and displaying a can do attitude knowing that good isn’t good enough.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.