Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager leads the strategic development & implementation of an integrated marketing and communications plan that promotes the Didion brands and businesses. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of our Marketing and Communication functions and activities including branding and corporate messaging, public relations, internal communications, lead generation campaigns, employment branding, promotional events, website marketing, and sales and marketing collateral, in order to drive aggressive revenue growth and market recognition for Didion. The position requires strong marketing and communications skills to deliver compelling business value messages. This is a key role that requires interfacing with all levels of Didion Team Members, Company Ownership, Community, Customers and Producers.
- Shape, drive and monitor innovative communication strategic approaches in support of the goals and objectives of Didion Milling and Affiliates.
- Work closely with Didion leadership on targeting, placement and communications preparedness around key events and activities.
- Create and edit high-quality materials including press releases, brochures, newsletters, customer success stories, advertising copy, web copy, and sales communications tools to showcase Didion’s product portfolio and business opportunities.
- Provide strategic PR plan, process, approvals and reporting metrics for all public relations activities.
- Manage large and small projects with your highly efficient project management skills to deliver Marketing/Communications projects on time, within budget and to the expectation of the customers.
- Respond to requests for quotes or request for information for articles on items pertinent to our business. Proactively seek out opportunities to contribute to professional journals.
- Provide leadership and direction to Marketing and Communications Team Members.
- Build and maintain credibility and strong working relationships with company leaders, department heads and company team members to serve as a thought leader for all company communications.
- Participate in annual planning, strategy development and budgeting in concert with the Sales and Customer Care teams.
- Develop and facilitate communication training and tools in conjunction with appropriate leadership, managers and staff to prepare and engage team members of the Didion organization in proactive outreach opportunities
- Digital / Social Media – Develop and implement the overall digital marketing communications strategy. Coordinate with third-party agency and work with internal resources to manage and optimize the delivery of various digital marketing communications initiatives including website updates, online marketing programs and promotions, social media, e-commerce and online advertising and search campaigns.
- Event Management – Work closely with Sales, Customer Service and Grain Merchandising Teams to develop an annual event strategy and subsequent calendar that meets the business’ needs and objectives. Coordinate with third-party agencies, event management companies and internal team members to execute all details of the event strategy including booth graphics, literature and handouts, clothing, giveaways, catering, team preparation, etc., Develop and implement post-show evaluation criteria and mechanism to determine the overall qualitative success of the event as well as quantitative event ROI.
- Collateral Materials & Trade Marketing – Lead projects that assist internal departments in the development of sales tools such as catalogs, brochures sell sheets, etc. to assist in communicating strategies consistent with business objectives. Develop creative, targeted promotions and trade/customer programs and develop ROI calculator to measure the success of each; and direct 3rd party media agency in development and execution of the media plan elements to fit the overall business needs.
- Public Relations (PR) – shape and engage in the delivery of the PR strategy and direct 3rd party PR agency in development and execution of PR elements to fit the overall business needs. Be the Didion representative and contact for all key trade associations and work closely with these associations to develop core PR initiatives that drive toward the overall business’s goals and strategies.
- Branding & Advertising/Creative – Develop and manage the overall branding and creative strategy for the business defining brand guidelines and ensuring that all marketing communications fit within them. Act as the lead liaison between Didion and third-party consultants, agencies and vendors.”
- Lead artwork review / copy writing process to ensure information is accurate and compliant with corporate policies.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor degree is required in marketing, business, communications, journalism or a related field.
- 5+ years of corporate marketing and communications experience including previous work in the agriculture industry preferred
- 2+ years of experience directly managing staff.
- Strong understanding of all marketing communication vehicles, with particular strength in Graphic design (Adobe Creative Cloud), Public Relations and Writing Skills. (Focus Areas).
- Proven experience developing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers
- Demonstrated experience managing small and large scale projects.
- Experience and ability to use key metrics to drive Marketing and Communication Strategies in alignment with business goals.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong understanding of Web analytics, working knowledge of WordPress.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent messaging and writing skills, with ability to understand and translate product offerings into compelling messages.
- Experience directing both internal and external corporate communications.
- Experience successfully leading cross-functional projects.
- Experience using public relations as a strategic communication tool that builds mutually beneficial relationships between a company and the public.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and a professional presence.
- Ability to manage multiple, high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented and highly innovative environment including experience working successfully cross-functionally.