Market Product and Research Analyst
The Market and Product Research Analyst (MPRA) role will engage multiple internal teams, external data and other data collection tactics to craft an ongoing picture of the Industrial Alcohol and Dry Grain Product segments. This position will play a major role in building out the newly formed Bioscience division and will be a key team member within a dynamic start-up type environment. The role will spend approximately 75% of their time on the emerging industrial/beverage alcohol segment and 25% of their time on the core dry grain product segment.
The MPRA will assess the current and emerging markets by product type and end use markets to determine size, scope, competition, customers, pricing and other relevant data to assist Didion in shaping the product offering, marketing our products/services and identifying new prospects/product/market opportunities.
Additionally, the MPRA will aid Didion in identifying core and emerging tactics, software tools and processes that will accelerate Didion’s position as an industry leading marketing team.
- Manages all aspects of marketing research projects including identifying objectives, designing methodology, data procurement (internal documents, environmental scans, external databases, creating questionnaires or polls, etc.) implementing, and analyzing research and reporting results.
- Collaborates with cross-functional marketing, sales, and product development teams to establish and refine the current product offering through validation in revenue forecast, product mix, unique value propositions, go-to-market strategy and new product/market development strategies.
- Prepare communications materials for executive audiences, using data visualization and storytelling through data
- Creates and maintains a data library.
- Obtain and coordinate resources, establish accountability, and help ensure timely delivery of commitments
- Oversee and profile competitors and competitive products, sales tactics, marketing, channels, and pricing.
- Conduct market research for buyer behavior insights and market dynamics.
- Conduct market research for new market exploration and innovation.
- Attend trade shows and other business events to collect market segment data.
Key Deliverables (include, but not limited to):
- Market Overview by Product Category and End Use
- Size, scope, regionality, competition, customers (distributors, formulators, CPGs)
- Product Overview
- Types of products, definitions, key specifications for each market
- Product Packaging Overview
- Types of packaging, size, targeted markets for specific End Use Product segments.
- Lead Acquisition
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to develop and engage in new lead acquisition process.
- Media Outlets, Publications
- Identify potential media outlets for marketing as well as key trade shows/trade associations to participate.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Serving as an advocate for safety in all personal work and interactions with team members and customers.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- BS Agricultural Economics, Market Research or other technical relevant studies.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience conducting economic and market research
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Desire to learn
- Commitment to team work
- Excellent M/S suite user as well as relevant Market Research tools/software.
- Ability to represent Didion with professionalism
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures.