Maintenance Planner & Supervisor
Do you get energized by leading a team and helping a plant to run like a well oiled machine? Do you have deep mechanical and maintenance planning experience and are also a “people person”? If this sounds like you….read on!
Our Maintenance Planner position is a key member of our team at our Ethanol Plant in Cambria, WI. In this role, you will have responsibility for ensuring the highest levels of plant efficiency by planning for and delivering reliability based maintenance services through a team of internal and external maintenance experts, based on preventive and predictive maintenance strategies. This position directly and indirectly leads a team of people committed to maintenance excellence.
The highest levels of Operation and Maintenance Readiness are achieved through passionate commitment to procurement, based on high value and long term vendor relationships. Proactive ownership and utilization of the company CMMS System to ensure the highest achievable level of operational readiness is critical to individual success. People in this role:
- Serve as a tireless up-front advocate for safety program compliance, including behavioral based safety, PPE, hot-work, lock-out/tag-out, working aloft, confined space, and hazardous chemicals.
- Steadfastly adhere to all safety requirements at all times while instilling a culture of “safety first” throughout the department.
- Demonstrate full accountability of the facility maintenance function through the timely and effective use and management of programs such as CMMS, safety, corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance, and employee development.
- Give input to budget planning process and helps to control cost through diligent expense management.
- Plan future maintenance work, to reduce potential delays and maximize maintenance workforce efficiency.
- Verify availability of parts, materials and special tools required for execution before scheduling.
- Develop a maintenance work schedule for maintenance department employees.
- Plan, schedule and execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Monitor the effectiveness of preventative and predictive maintenance programs to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Effectively utilize department resources through the efficient planning of work orders through a computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Attend scheduling meetings, participate in production, and project meetings as needed.
- Implement, as needed, and manages maintenance programs and procedures to maximize equipment operation and efficiency while minimizing unscheduled down time.
- Work with all departments for planning of maintenance work orders in order to decrease downtime of production.
- Develop and keep updated equipment records, manuals, work instructions and SOP’s on such equipment and procedures which meeting any such company and audit requirements.
- Effectually utilize plant and mechanical knowledge, systems and resources to create a proactive approach in managing corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance programs.
- Develop and maintain a warehouse plan for maintenance parts, supplies, materials and recommended inventory levels.
- Recommend and participate in data gathering and reporting for the plant manager.
- Develop and maintain a warranty tracking system for newly acquired parts and equipment.
- Establish and maintain relations with existing vendors as well as new vendors to aid in better service in receiving of parts while aiding in the negotiating better pricing.
- Develop and conduct Training with Maintenance team and others on CMMS system.
- Create work orders as soon as they are known for planning purposes.
- Conduct audits of PM completion.
- Dispatch, track and report on follow up of work orders to appropriate Didion team members.
- Coordinate Weekly Work Order Prioritization Meetings.
- Call Root Cause Analysis Meeting whenever there is a Work Order with more than 2 hours of unscheduled downtime.
- Help to identify and oversee minimum quantities of parts to hold in Inventory.
- Supervise Cycle Counting of Parts Inventory.
- Develop and enter equipment specific LOTO in MAPCON with the input of the necessary department management.
- Develop Kit Program for upcoming repairs and shut down work.
- Manage Vendors (increase relationships and develop relationships with new vendors to decrease costs and part lead times.)
- Work with the plant manage, production manager, maintenance techs, and the parts & inventory control clerk on developing and maintaining a critical parts list
- Develop and maintain maintenance scheduling and planning guidelines.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent technical education) preferred; or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ hands on maintenance and electrical experience, strong working knowledge of maintenance equipment, repair needs and PM/PDM programs.
- Ability to read and interpret technical/engineering documents, drawings and schematics.
- Experience and or ability to lead people either directly or indirectly.
- Unfailingly high ethical standards and strict adherence to sound purchasing practices.
- Ability to excel in a team base work environment while managing to goal base initiatives.
- Excellent computer skills, CMMS experience, and strong organizational skills as tools to develop a world class Maintenance Department.
- Extensive experience with a variety of equipment and parts to include air compressors, boilers, centrifuges, cooling towers , drying equipment, electrical components & instrumentation, various grain processing equipment, material handling equipment, pneumatics, pumps, valves, and electrical.