The Manager of Logistics is responsible for developing a great team to assist in meeting the demands of our customers and preparing our company for growth. This person will supervise the day-to-day operations the truck and rail transportation department at Didion. Ideal candidate will have experience in both truck and rail operations, rate development and fleet management
- Develop great people to continue to meet the demands of a growing operation.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of logistics including the supervision of the Didion truck and rail fleet, drivers, traffic coordinators and mechanics to ensure on-time delivery to Didion customers.
- Foster great relationships with the Logistics team, all other teams within Didion, our customers and their logistics/operations teams.
- Measure internal and third party carrier performance and work towards continuous improvement
- Manage RCA and corrective action processes to address any problems with shipments.
- Assist in the administration of the logistics budget.
- Negotiate carrier rates, services, and contracts as necessary.
- Broker freight as necessary to achieve business and service goals.
- Identify, develop and implement distribution cost savings projects.
- Develop and manage the Logistics information system
- Insure compliance with all logistical regulations
- Insure food safety and security delivery compliance
- Work with operations and assist and maintain a warehousing plan to continually optimize warehousing facilities.
- Handle special projects as required, especially involving Logistics, Warehousing, Shipping and SAP.
- Liaison between production, warehouse, sales and customer.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork, mentoring, and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Steadfast adherence to all safety requirements at all times while instilling a culture of “safety first” throughout the department.
PERSONAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT SAFETY is achieved through:
- An unfailing commitment to follow all safety procedures, performs risk assessments prior to commencing unfamiliar tasks, and seeks to identify and implement proactive safety improvements.
- Proper and knowledgeable use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY AND BENCH STRENGTH are significantly greater due to:
- A proactive commitment to learn production and business processes in order to strengthen contributions to the organization.
- Continuous vigilance in identifying needed additions and improvements to the facilities’ operating systems.
- Committed and unfailing support for internal and external customers, co-workers, production personnel, and all other team members working to achieve operational and personnel performance excellence.
- An unfailing commitment to developing staff and enhancing Didion’s culture.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- This position requires solid knowledge of and seven years’ experience in logistics, brokerage of freight, warehouse and distribution functions. Experience with customs, food manufacturing and food safety preferred.
- Employs the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty and having strong moral principles.
- A commitment to, and experience in, maintaining and developing a great logistics team.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business) or equivalent experience
- Experience with rail transportation and 3rd party logistics providers
- Experience with managing transportation fleet.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience negotiation contracts in all logistics channels (OTR, rail, etc.).
- Familiar with logistics software and systems.
- Capable user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to relocate to or live near Cambria, WI location