Learning and Performance Specialist
The Learning and Performance Specialist will collaborate with internal business partners to ensure Didion Team Members are closing operations and leadership skill and performance gaps. This role will identify and deliver targeted learning solutions, simulations, assessments and job aids that lead to the development of high performing teams. You will support continuous improvement efforts and assist our teams in relentlessly pursuing performance excellence.
- Deliver high quality learning options that will aid in the implementation of new systems, processes, services or cost-effective solutions that will continually improve the overall performance of our facility operations and leaders.
- Understand deviations from the operating plan and budget and work with site leaders to identify corrective actions using appropriate continuous improvement tools (kaizen, visual systems, 5S, Gemba, Six Sigma, LEAN, FMEA, RCA, CAR).
- Routinely perform analytics on the systems, constraints, cost drivers, and performance measures and integrate into site continuous improvement plans.
- Work to simplify and streamline business processes
- Perform current state assessment, gap analysis, and root cause analysis of workflow, quality, leadership and training gaps.
- Create and regularly updates project plan(s) including managing details and keeping multiple tasks/projects on task. Regularly monitors and tracks progress on work projects
- Ensure that learning records are maintained in Content and Learning Resource Management systems.
- Create and edit scripts, job aids, and storyboards.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders, and peers to design, create/develop, and evaluate content.
- Create and facilitate assessments that measure learning and/or performance outcomes
- Apply consistent approach to instructional design (ADDIE, SAM, etc.) and performance analysis (HPT).
- Adhere to industry best practices and standards when developing learning and performance solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (Learning & Development, Human Resources, or Education fields) or equivalent work experience required.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing supervision, process engineering, or change management is desired.
- Embedded Systems, Design, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering experience is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in needs analysis, instructional or curriculum design, process mapping, training, project management, education, technical writing, media design, human resources, or similar discipline.
- Certification in or ability to attain Six Sigma green or black belt preferred
- Superior communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to challenge Management with facts to solve issues
- Ability to perform processes as per pre-defined design
- Ability to challenge business processes for improvement
- Strong Service Mindset
- Sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Team player, empathy and superior interpersonal skills
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with or ability to learn Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate and SharePoint
- Experience in or ability to learn eLearning content development.
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Understanding of how adults learn
- Experience editing and creating educational media preferred (graphics/audio/video)
- Comfortable and proficient working independently and collaboratively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking high performance team
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative way, providing high level of customer service to internal business partners and co-workers