Information Systems Specialist
Didion has a unique opportunity for a technical person who enjoys working to automate end to end business processes. We are looking for a team member to anchor the technology component of our Business Applications team and support the backend of our applications. Their primary focus will be to manage software installations, database administration, security, integrations, and equipment necessary to expand on a growing customer demand while maintaining reliability and uptime of the software systems.
- Assist with platform strategy and roadmap development
- Consult on design of complex enterprise initiatives
- Develop platform technical requirements in the end to end Agile development of the current platform as well as the platform roadmap.
- Assist with SQL work related to backups, security and permissions, Integrations, data retrieval, data integrity, reporting, SSIS, SSRS, Data Cubes, Views, Stored Procedures, and Web Services
- Provides oversight and assists others with validating builds for correct operation and performance
- Work to understand and become a Technical Subject Matter Expert in the Applications that comprise our Corporate Software Platform. These include Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft D365 as well as numerous best of breed departmental, integration, and corporate applications
- Develop methods to serve up data from multiple applications and sources.
- Perform platform technical support and address product issues or defects as required
- Continuously update and document the corporate software platform roadmap
- Recommend product enhancements and process improvements
- Seek to assist where needed as the Software Platform grows
- Remains up to date on business strategies and industry standards/best practices to keep us efficient, safe, and competitive
- A basic understanding of Servers, Active Directory, and Virtual Infrastructure.
- Work with Outside Consultants and internal staff on Support Issues for engineering, construction, and operations to achieve operational excellence.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Applicants will be considered based on the following:
- BS/BA, preferably in Information Systems, Database Administration, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Computer Science, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 2+ years relevant business support and technical project management experience
- Knowledgeable in SQL database design and framework
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and manufacturing experience.
- Ability to understand and communicate simple to complex technical concepts.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and driven to complete all project objectives
- Solid knowledge of business process and internal controls
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit.
- Recent experience in Software Development Life Cycle(s)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, & communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work successfully independently and in an HPWP work environmentExcellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required to liaise with internal project teams.
- Strong organization skills along with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures
- Provide 24/7 support to plant personnel