Maintenance Technician (Night Shift with Premium)
The Markesan Industrial Maintenance Technician is a very hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest of safety, production, quality, and efficiency standards in the production of food grade products. Industrial Maintenance Technicians are cross-trained in multiple tasks to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness, while also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to incumbents. Positions generally work 8 hour schedule M-F with possibilities of mandatory and/or voluntary overtime and may be required to be on call for emergencies.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Development and ownership of all aspects the Markesan Safety Culture. Safety Maturity is advanced through constant development of safe behaviors, procedures and systems.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
- Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
- Committed and unfailing industrial maintenance support for Markesan team working to achieve maintenance excellence; maintenance will include work on/with basic electrical systems, electrical test equipment, bearings, motors, belts, welding, pumps, boilers, conveyers, chains, sprockets, pulleys, air compression systems and related industrial systems.
- Efficiently diagnoses machine malfunctions and operating difficulties, makes repairs, rebuild as needed, and makes adjustments in order to achieve equipment up-time targets consistently using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills with minimal supervision.
- Complete preventive maintenance according to schedule and as suggested by predictive maintenance system.
- Continuous vigilance in identifying needed repairs or additions/improvements to the facilities’ operating systems to increase productivity.
- Create, track, and execute planned and reactive work via maintenance work order system.
- Proactively sanitize all tools used to fix machines before and after usage to prevent cross contamination between products; store tools appropriately when not in use.
- A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through certification, training, and education leading towards increased level of confidence in troubleshooting complex level maintenance projects.
- Personally committed to add value to the organization, the department, and the team by performing all tasks required to support the Markesan group in the efficient operation of the plant.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field desired.
- 3-5 years of industrial maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Experience in a similar dry food/oil manufacturer environment desired.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate welding abilities which may be supplemented by certification or schooling degree.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge for working with electrical systems which may be supplemented by certification or schooling degree.
- General computer competency required including typing, web browser, and Microsoft Office; Intermediate competency of Mapcon software.
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to complete maintenance tasks safely without supervision.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to maintenance department.
- Must provide own basic hand tools including but not limited to: wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, socket set, pliers, hammer, etc.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
Watch Our Story
- Computer Sciences
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Finance and Accounting
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Safety and Environmental