HR Programs Coordinator
The HR Programs Coordinator flawlessly supports and executes Human Resources processes to deliver employee programs designed to attract and retain a high performing team. Success in this role involves putting others’ needs first, as you work to provide Didion team members with an exceptional experience related to their employment and improve their lives. In this critical role, you will primarily support these four important pillars within Human Development (1.) Benefits and Wellness, (2.) Recruiting and Onboarding, (3.) Payroll and (4.) Compliance and Administration.
Benefits and Wellness
- Be a positive champion for all Human Development programs to encourage full engagement from the team resulting in high utilization of all programs and improved employee experience.
- Improve our team members ability to understand and access Didion benefits and perks by being the go-to Didion resource to explain, advise on how to enroll in and help to navigate all benefits and find needed resources.
- Collect information and assist the team in enrolling in benefits, perks, training, etc.
- Promote and recruit team members to participate in Didion Live Well Incentives.
- Manage and administer programs that recognize employee life events (service awards, birthdays, new babies, life passages, career milestones, etc.).
- Assist with the recruiting process by managing job postings, conducting phone interviews, extending offers and keeping recruiting records/reports up to date.
- Schedule and coordinate onsite interviews with other Didion internal partners to ensure a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Facilitate the new hire process from accepted offer to New Employee Orientation and through onboarding. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the company process and engaging with new hires and managers throughout the process to ensure a positive, meaningful experience, continuously identifying areas for increased engagement and improved processes to enhance the total new hire experience.
- Communicate with new hires, leaders and HD Partners to ensure all required processes are completed to ensure Didion policies, and State and Federal regulations are followed.
- Responsible for coordinating an engaging day one New Employee Orientation experience. Coordinate facilities, supplies, presenters, materials and ensure compliance with all Didion day one requirements.
Administration and Compliance
- Partners with our payroll company in the administration of payroll by collecting information required Didion, State and Federal agencies for employment, assisting with distribution of paychecks, education of timeclock use, etc.
- Ensure appropriate personnel and HD files and documents are created, maintained, retained, and then destroyed per compliance timeline.
- Ensure I-9 documents are created, maintained, retained, and then destroyed per compliance timeline. Enter information promptly into relevant systems including E-Verify.
- Timely processing of incoming HD paperwork and mail related to important employment matters.
- Provide administrative support to the HD team and HD processes including program enrollment, reporting, scheduling, record retention, processing of invoices and payments.
- Interface with internal and external partners related to all HD programs and services to ensure team members are receiving excellent service from our vendors.
- Assist in tracking HD scorecard and HD metrics.
- Travel to various Didion sites as needed to provide excellent customer service and support to entire Didion team.
- Assist HD department and partners in coordination and planning of all HD training sessions, meetings, and events which may include booking locations, room set up and tear down, ordering supplies, etc.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- Advanced education beyond High School is highly preferred; equivalent work experience also considered.
- Demonstrated ability to hold sensitive information in complete confidence to ensure team member trust is maintained.
- Extreme attention to detail; demonstrated ability to follow established processes.
- Thrive in an environment of ambiguity and a world of competing priorities, with the ability to stay focused and complete projects within timelines and under pressure.
- A positive, proactive demeanor.
- Must have a general understanding of the human resources field and related concepts and laws.
- Experience working with a manufacturing employee population and/or in a manufacturing environment highly desired.
- Experience in a customer service or employee relations role highly desired as excellent customer service on behalf of HD is required.
- Possess positive and effective communication skills including written, interpersonal, small group, and presentation skills.
- Advanced computer competency required including typing, web browser, and Microsoft Office; experience with iSolve HRIS or ability to learn required.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Possess excellent research, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to proactively drive continuous improvement project creation and execution.
- Demonstrate ownership of job function and ability to drive towards project completion.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and collaborative team player approach.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to the production department. Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways and be able to work while sitting on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to do plant visits to interact with employees in a manufacturing environment.
Watch Our Story
- Electrical & Controls
- Finance & Accounting
- Grain Team
- Human Development
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain & Procurement