Grain & Supply Chain Commodities Analyst
The Commodities Analyst conducts supply and demand analysis for US, global and local markets, including basis and seasonal trends to support the development of price risk management strategies. The analyst will be responsible for maintaining and providing fundamental supply and demand analysis for assigned grains and transportation.
- Maintain and manipulate existing data analysis under the direction of the VP of Trading and Supply chain.
- Work closely with the grain procurement and logistics team to determine what analysis will further departmental goals ex: basis analysis, seasonal analysis, supply and demand analysis.
- Convey research results through a variety of channels including internal meetings, written reports (daily, weekly), in-person presentations, and customer calls.
- Work with the department to analyze monthly profit and loss statements for the grain, logistics and ethanol sales functions.
- Provide backup and support for the grain accounting, grain trading functions.
- Participate and contribute to weekly strategy meetings for the grain trading and ethanol sales to help set long and short term strategy.
- Reconcile daily futures trading activity and company futures vs. cash position to ensure proper hedging.
- Work with grain procurement to bi-monthly mark to market all commodity positions.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Serving as an advocate for safety in all personal work and interactions with team members and customers.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- BS Agricultural Economics, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience conducting economic and market research
- Knowledge of futures and cash markets
- A passion for commodity markets and how they operate
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Desire to learn
- Commitment to team work
- Excellent MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to represent Didion with professionalism
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures.