Grain Scale Operator
The Grain Scale Operator is responsible for the accurate testing and recording of grain quality on incoming grain trucks. This is a hands-on position requiring tremendous attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and professionalism. Work hours are Monday through Friday 7am-5pm with additional hours as necessary.
This position ensures grain is accurately processed and accounted for and delivers superior customer service in all communications and with internal and external customers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Following established procedures collects samples on incoming grain products, performs designated tests and ensures product quality and compliance based on set benchmarks.
- Accurately weighs incoming and outgoing grain vehicles and documents all test results using computer interface to verify proper billing and customer contract fulfillment.
- Performs administrative tasks (front desk/reception, filing, data entry) with the highest level of professionalism while providing superior customer service to all internal and exterior customers.
- Demonstrates commitment and unfailing support to other team members working to achieve operational excellence.
- Seeks out additional value-add opportunities for the position and the organization.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork, mentoring, and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Steadfast adherence to all safety requirements at all times while instilling a culture of “safety first” throughout the department.
PERSONAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT SAFETY is achieved through:
- An unfailing commitment to follow all safety procedures, performs risk assessments prior to commencing unfamiliar tasks, and seeks to identify and implement proactive safety improvements.
- Proper and knowledgeable use, inspection, and care of equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, and production equipment.
WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY AND BENCH STRENGTH are significantly greater due to:
- A proactive commitment to learn production and business processes in order to strengthen contributions to the organization.
- Continuous vigilance in identifying needed additions and improvements to the facilities’ operating systems.
- Committed and unfailing support for co-workers, production personnel, and all other team members working to achieve operational and personnel performance excellence.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Prior related experience is preferred but will train the right motivated individuals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.