The Grain Accountant is responsible for the tracking and administration of a variety of accounting activities in the department as well as providing analysis and presentation of financial information. This position has responsibilities for all grain accounting, grain receivables management, and month end processes. This position is responsible for creating accurate and timely financial records for the grain team which determines profit and loss and drives decision making for the department.
- Maintains grain position reports
- Works with grain merchandisers and accounting department as required to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments to producers and elevators
- Understand and adhere to accounting standards, complying with internal processes, external industry regulations, and GAAP/SOX controls.
- Oversee and balance all entries of contracts, pricing, warehouse receipts, etc.
- Provide balanced Daily Position Reports
- Maintain accurate inventory records
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Reports to management regarding the finances of department.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Survey departmental functions to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Serving as an advocate for safety in all personal work and interactions with team members and customers.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field required, Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to process and apply new skills and concepts quickly
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to represent Didion with professionalism
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures