Ethanol Industrial Maintenance Technician
The Ethanol Industrial Maintenance Technician is a very hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest of production, quality, and efficiency standards in the production of ethanol and related corn-based products. Industrial Maintenance Technicians are cross-trained in multiple tasks to increase contributions to the organization, enhance production flexibility and readiness, while also providing job enrichment and growth opportunities to incumbents. Positions work a 12 hour shift or 8 hour shift schedule.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
- Committed and unfailing industrial maintenance support for ethanol team working to achieve operational excellence; maintenance will include working on bearings, motors, belts, welding, pumps, boilers, conveyers, chains, sprockets, pulleys, air compression systems and related industrial systems.
- Efficiently diagnoses machine malfunctions and operating difficulties, makes repairs, rebuild as needed, and makes adjustments in order to achieve equipment up-time targets consistently using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills with minimal supervision.
- Complete preventive maintenance according to schedule and as suggested by predictive maintenance metrics.
- Continuous vigilance in identifying needed repairs or additions/improvements to the facilities’ operating systems to increase productivity.
- A proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through training and education leading toward meeting requirements of and promotion to Ethanol Senior Maintenance Technician role.
- Personally committed to add value to the organization, the department, and the team by performing all tasks required to support the Production group in the efficient operation of the plant.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
- Ensure compliance to highest level of food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field desired.
- 3-5 years of industrial maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Experience in an ethanol environment desired.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate welding abilities which may be supplemented by certification or schooling degree.
- General computer competency required including typing, web browser, and Microsoft Outlook; Intermediate competency of Mapcon software. Microsoft Word and Excel experience a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to complete maintenance tasks safely without supervision.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to maintenance department.
- Must provide own basic hand tools including but not limited to: wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, socket set, pliers, hammer, etc.
- Willingness to be available for emergency break downs including nights and weekends.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in a passion for maintenance while being humbly confident and displaying a can do attitude knowing that good isn’t good enough.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.