The Environmental Manager is responsible for leadership and development of systems that will ensure all environmental programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls are effectively implemented for any and all regulatory requirements. This position is responsible for identifying applicable environmental regulations and risks while interacting with Operations, Planning, Legal, Engineering, and others to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance and conformance to Environmental Policies and Management Systems.
- Oversee and manage environmental compliance, reporting, and certification
- Lead, manage and hold accountable environmental support staff
- Professional engagement/partnership with all regulating authorities
- Design and implement improve compliance data organization and warehousing
- Bring creative solutions to new project permitting and compliance
- Be a positive resource for the operations and management team to guide proactive compliance
- Key contact person for regulatory audits and unannounced visits
- Authoring, updating, renewing, and remaining compliant to all permits pertaining to Didion operations
- Manage and execute against all environmental testing requirements
- Manage, develop, and execute all environmental air modeling
- Provide all technical guidance and remaining up to date regarding environmental standards pertaining to current regional, state, and national regulations and laws.
- Execute EPA, DNR, County, Village and other governmental reporting
- Oversee and complete environmental internal and external audits; remedy audit findings requiring action; Collaborate with audit teams and implement internal audits where needed
- Update and maintain PSM compliance and advise compliance needs & requirements
- Oversee air monitoring, spill prevention plans, fugitive dust, land spreading and storm water programs.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork, mentoring, and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Steadfast adherence to all safety requirements at all times while instilling a culture of “safety first” throughout the department and company.
- Corporate sustainability liaison representing Didion to our external partners for continuous improvement of our culture, brand and operations.
PERSONAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT SAFETY is achieved through:
- An unfailing commitment to follow all safety procedures, performs risk assessments prior to commencing unfamiliar tasks, and seeks to identify and implement proactive safety improvements.
- Proper and knowledgeable use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY AND BENCH STRENGTH are significantly greater due to:
- A proactive commitment to learn production and business processes in order to strengthen contributions to the organization.
- Continuous vigilance in identifying needed additions and improvements to the facilities’ operating systems.
- Committed and unfailing support for co-workers, production personnel, and all other team members working to achieve operational and personnel performance excellence.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- At least a 4 year technical degree in a related field required; four year degree in environmental engineering is strongly desired.
- At least 5 years of related environmental program supervisory experience, preferably in a similar manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of EPA, WDNR, OSHA, DOT regulations; experience working with Wisconsin regulations highly desired
- Experience and ability to build good working relationship with regulators and regional representatives of environmental agencies such as the DNR and represent Didion in a professional manner; experience overseeing audits with governmental agencies desired.
- Experience with incident investigation and reports for any environmental permit concerns.
- Ability to manage an air construction permit from application through compliance and recordkeeping
- Environment terminology communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Word are required. Aermod, AutoCAD, CDX and SwitchBoard a plus.
- Good problem solving, team work, project management and the ability to think on your feet during emergencies
- Experience with air PCD regulations and stack tasting desired
- PSM program Management, LDAR, and SPCC experience desired.
- Chemical and engineering knowledge to evaluate potential hazards desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding on occasion.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties on occasion.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
Watch Our Story
- Computer Sciences
- Construction and Millwright
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Safety and Environmental