Director of Alcohol Sales & Business Development
As a Director of Alcohol Sales and Business Development, you will be responsible for the identification, acquisition, and on-going relationship management of accounts that are responding to the growing consumer demand for industrial alcohol. You will bring energy, excitement, data and experience to Didion while leading the charge in building a new business unit. This position will have end-to-end responsibility for creating and building strong commercial relationships with corporate technical centers, R&D formulators, food scientists, brand managers, and with C-level decision makers.
At Didion we are known for our customer responsiveness. This position is expected to be nimble to move and react to market demands, visiting our customers/partners and learning about their operations. Therefore we have flexibility with where this position is located. The expectation is that this position will develop great relationship with our team and knows that a certain percentage of their time will need to be onsite and other portions of their time will need to be with the customer.
The position will take ownership of and contribute to projects that accelerate Didion’s brand development and awareness. It will cultivate strategic partnerships to use Didion’s capabilities to develop solutions for unmet needs across chemical, beverage, ingredient and flavor companies
Our ideal candidate has experience establishing successful partnerships and a track record of creating collaborations that generate value. You have deep familiarity with the needs of food, ingredient, and chemical industries. You value teams above self, are a crisp communicator and want to be a part of a team that is constantly evolving.
How you’ll spend your time
- Ensuring that sales, operations and marketing are in alignment at all times.
- Identify what partnerships with industrial manufacturers and retailers we will pursue, how we will engage and place products that we are capable of producing and/or sourcing at our financial targets.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing strategies to achieve annual business objectives and profit/EBITDA targets.
- Establish tactical growth strategies and strategic annual plans for our customers.
- Responsible for generating brand growth and awareness.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing strategies with both domestic and international accounts, distributors and sales agents to achieve annual business objectives.
- Establish measurable performance metrics. Review and evaluate the sales performance on a continuing basis, executing action plans to correct issues and continually improve performance to achieve revenue objectives.
- Uncover new opportunities and develop new products that align with Didion’s growth plans.
- Assist in the development and execution of Didion’s Annual Marketing Plan to share customer insights and how new products can be developed to meet those needs.
- Assist in cross-functional teams to drive projects forward through innovation stage gate process, including the financial feasibility of launching new products.
- Lead the process for gathering research that collects consumer and competitive knowledge that can be utilized to inspire and influence new product development.
What you’ll need
- BS/BA degree in Food Science, Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or equivalent industry experience.
- 10+ years’ experience and a track record of accomplishment in innovative business development, sales and marketing, or strategic partnership growth roles
- Experience in the Alcohol or Chemical industries required.
- Some experience in developing international partnerships preferred
- Experience launching novel products and in new business development required.
- Experience in startups or in fast-moving scaling environments desired
- Experience developing target account strategies, sales plans, new business proposals, and negotiating pricing, packaging, and delivery terms.
- Strong consultative value-based selling skills, strategic planning, and analytical thinking.
- Excellent time and territory management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent business acumen and strong negotiating skills.
- Strong competitive drive, enthusiasm, and a passion to succeed.
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight.