Corporate Maintenance and Reliability Manager
The Corporate Maintenance and Reliability Manager is a critical role with oversight for the implementation of world class maintenance excellence strategies to optimize equipment efficiency and improve product quality, while improving costs. This role serves as the champion for the development and deployment of standard maintenance systems across the four Didion facilities. This position will develop a strategic maintenance program to assure operational reliability, energy conservation, optimal maintenance practices, extended asset life, low operating expense, and peak labor utilization. This role will also oversee corporate-wide reliability maintenance planning for critical facilities and assets by creating & Implementing work flows, procedures, work instructions, metrics and Key Performance Indicators. The Corporate Manager will be the key resource for managing a team of local leadership resources that support maintenance and reliability practices at all sites.
As a key member of the Centralized Engineering and Maintenance Group, the Corporate Maintenance Manager provides guidance to the site-specific Maintenance Department Managers for hiring, training and development, while fostering an environment and culture of continuous improvement. Works closely with operational counterparts to provide technical expertise, strategic guidance, and overall coaching for success.
- Serve as the primary change agent for company-wide maintenance reliability initiatives by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful continuous improvement practices.
- Develop & implement maintenance reliability strategies to increase machine OEE and achieve optimal performance.
- Coordinate the maintenance teams to validate maintenance plans, schedules, instructions, spare parts specifications applying industry best practices.
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance (R&M) spend at sites collaborate with local team to manage spends to budget.
- Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop capital renewal plans (deferred maintenance) based on projected asset life for critical facilities.
- Include alternative scenarios reflecting maintenance improvements, operating conditions, future customer requirements and technology advances.
- Execute the methodologies and tools of RCM and TPM.
- Manage and identify opportunities in mean time between failures of assets.
- Building an effective maintenance reliability team through internal & external recruiting.
- Convert Maintenance knowledge and known Best Practices into a “Didion System”
- Develop and deploy effective Reliability Best Practice sharing methods
- Establish and lead Community of Practice forums for key Maintenance functions
- Drive strategic direction of Reliability and Maintenance within multi-site manufacturing operations
- Focus on collaboration, continuous improvement, employee engagement and delivering sustainable performance
- Maintain collaborative relationships with matrixed organizations including Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, Continuous Improvement, R&D, Sales/Marketing, Finance and HR in order to provide optimum services to the overall Didion business
- Mentor and Coach Plant Maintenance Managers and Reliability Engineers as required
- Provide adequate support, training, development, and coaching of plant staff
- Partner with Operations and CI to ensure that Maintenance Systems are properly aligned with TMOS and Lean efforts.
- Grow the bench of the Maintenance and Reliability Department by training in-house personnel with growth potential.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Must be an excellent change agent who is skilled in pacing, sequencing, and communicating change
- Must be skilled at influencing others
- Must be very skilled at communicating at different levels of the organization from front line hourly employees to Directors of Operations
- Must be a patient and keen listener able to engage employees on the manufacturing shop floor
- Must be able to assess talent and culture in a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to take complex tasks and concepts and present them in simple format to key stakeholders with varying skills and knowledge with intent it is put to practical use
- Prefer food and beverage industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to multiple Supply Chain configurations, cost structures, and other business disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative leadership style
- Management of multiple plants and departments using financial, organizational, and administrative planning skills.
- Ability to lead and promote teamwork in multiple locations across all functions.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess a combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- BS in Engineering, Reliability, Food Technology, Supply Chain, or related. MBA desirable.
- 7+ or more years of experience in maintenance reliability leadership
- Requires computer operation skills including, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, CAD, Mapcon, or other tier one ERP system and CMMS Software
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standards Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing and LEAN Management principles
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and workers’ compensation regulations and practices
- Experience in the manufacturing of products in a heavy industrial, continuous manufacturing environment is a requirement.
- Experience implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance is essential
- Minimum of 10 years of experience successfully leading teams including demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills including communication, conflict resolution, and development of people; willingness to seek continuing education toward development of leadership abilities
- Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to be used for strategic planning in leading maintenance department toward efficient completion of goals.
- Certified skills using predictive maintenance technology and ability to successfully analyze data outputs to plan preventative maintenance accordingly.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to maintenance department. Spanish skills a plus.
- Ability to travel up within a 60 mile radius.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.