The Accountant is an entry level position that is responsible for correcting, processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents; reviewing and coding financial information; preparing and processing documents to disburse and receive funds, and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensures timely entry, scanning, attachment and data entry for all purchase orders and receiving. Works with departments to verify correct receiving and purchase orders.
- Facilitates billing of railcars for the entity and processes all truck and rail shipments to be invoiced in the ERP system
- Tracks all rail cars to verify correct billing and demurrage invoicing.
- Supports grain accounting function with ticket application, daily position reporting and customer grain status reporting
- Sends completed bills to billing clerks for information verification.
- Creates and distributes required daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Assists in the facilitation of month end account processing and reporting.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1+ years of work experience and/or college internship(s).
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Suite, primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and professionally in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to process and apply new skills and concepts quickly
- Proficient in data entry.
- Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures