Scale Operator- Part Time Hours
The Scale Operator is responsible for the accurate testing and recording of grain quality on incoming grain trucks. This is a hands-on position requiring tremendous attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and professionalism. This is a part time position with potential to transfer to full time. Work hours will vary and require flexibility but generally would be 11-5 Monday-Friday.
This position ensures grain is accurately processed and accounted for and delivers superior customer service in all communications and with internal and external customers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Following established procedures collects samples on incoming grain products, performs designated tests and ensures product quality and compliance based on set benchmarks.
- Accurately weighs incoming and outgoing grain vehicles and documents all test results using computer interface to verify proper billing and customer contract fulfillment.
- Performs administrative tasks (front desk/reception, filing, data entry) with the highest level of professionalism while providing superior customer service to all internal and exterior customers.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Demonstrates commitment and unfailing support to other team members working to achieve operational excellence.
- Seeks out additional value-add opportunities for the position and the organization.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork, mentoring, and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Steadfast adherence to all safety requirements at all times while instilling a culture of “safety first” throughout the department.
PERSONAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT SAFETY is achieved through:
- An unfailing commitment to follow all safety procedures, performs risk assessments prior to commencing unfamiliar tasks, and seeks to identify and implement proactive safety improvements.
- Proper and knowledgeable use, inspection, and care of equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, and production equipment.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Prior related experience is preferred but will train the right motivated individuals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.-
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Watch Our Story
- Contractor or Temporary Role
- Electrical & Controls
- Grain Team
- Human Development
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance
- Safety & Environmental