To coordinate and manage the domestic truck deliveries of milled products and distillers dried grains. The logistics coordinator will ensure timely, cost effective deliveries with superior customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
- Diligently endeavor to add value to the organization, the department, and the team through cooperation and putting the customer first.
- Work with production and customer service to schedule deliveries in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Source profitable backhaul loads for drivers.
- Quote and maintain competitive rates for all lanes travelled Scan and e-mail weekly rate sheets and invoices as needed for drivers.
- Maintain tracking and tracing on all outbound loads from Didion. Audit JADE trip reports and driver HOS logs.
- Mine and maintain data needed for other departments and agencies in compliance with DOT and state DMV depts. Maintain 100% compliance.
- Register and insure all trailers and semi-tractors owned by JADE, supply registration and insurance copies to JADE mechanics
- Ensure that all drivers and carriers operating under Jade authority are operating in a safe and respectful manner.
- Enter freight POs and pick-up information for loads in the Great Plains system.
- Act as liaison between drivers and Didion employees if issues arise and help resolve issues in a respectful and professional manner.
- Work with other Jade employees to keep load spreadsheets maintained and up to date.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Unfailing commitment to follow all safety procedures, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, and seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements.
- Use tools available such as carrier corrective action plan to monitor carrier failures or safety environment concerns.
- Impeccable use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
- Absolute adherence to safety procedures, GMP’s, and the use of PPE such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
WORKFORCE FLEXIBILITY AND BENCH STRENGTH are significantly greater due to:
- A proactive commitment to learn processes and techniques and expand capabilities in order to strengthen contributions to the organization.
- Committed and unfailing support for co-workers, production personnel, and all other team members working to achieve operational excellence.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
- To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
- Adherence to all safety procedures at all times.
- 1+ years in a dispatch, warehouse or transportation role.
- Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) or ability to attain.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, negotiate and to be assertive when needed.
- A positive, proactive demeanor resulting in superior teamwork and collaboration with team members while demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word and willingness to learn other software. Highly proficient in Excel.
- Capable of tracking and organizing details in fast-paced environment.
- Running a probable and measureable fleet in relation to the overall business of Jade Transportation
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to read a map and give good directions to drivers.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good math skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Watch Our Story
- Computer Sciences
- Contractor Role
- Electrical and Controls
- Grain Team
- Production Team
- Quality Assurance