Guiding Principles and Practices
Meet or exceed the requirements of all energy, environmental, quality, health & safety laws and regulations applicable to our operations.
Continuously assess our environmental programs and monitor our environmental performance through our Environmental Management System.
Enter partnerships with environmentally friendly organizations and give preference to businesses with a similar policy in place.
Continuously strive to improve the safety and environmental quality of our operations and implement initiatives with only the lowest possible environmental impact. Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is a theme among our operations including:
- Recycling process water back into the ethanol production process to become a zero-direct discharge facility and reduce our water usage to 2.5 gallons per gallon of ethanol produced.
- Purchasing corn from local farmers provides the ability to offer a product which produced fewer emissions to transport versus purchasing corn out of state.
- Utilizing reusable and recyclable packaging materials for shipment of product to consumers.
- Scheduling Didion’s logistics’ with energy conservation in mind. Our trailers are only on the road when carrying a full load, which minimizes the number of trips, diesel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Reduce our energy consumption by a minimum of 25% by 2020 in order to fulfill our pledge to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Save Energy Now LEADER program.
- Operating under implemented initiatives that saved enough energy to power and heat 828 homes for a year and reduced our CO2 emissions by more than 20 Million pounds per year.
Persistently reduce waste through Research and Development of new, innovative products using product waste streams and by upgrading existing products.
Provide our employees and contractors a safe and healthy environment in which to work.
- Monthly training is required for all employees and contractors on various safety, green and environmental topics.
Ensure that all employees are aware of Didion’s commitment and responsibility to fulfill and sustain our energy, environmental, health and safety management policy.